Server - support.geosc.uh.edu
Note: Support refers to the http://support.geosc.uh.edu website.
If you are a Geosciences graduate student or affiliated with the department you can request Login access for the following different networks
· The Geosciences PC network (room 232/230 of SR-1 Bldg.)
· The Geosciences SUN network (room 232/230 of SR-1 Bldg.)
· The Geosciences Linux Network (Beowulf Clusters)
· IMAQS Beowulf Clusters. (Must be an IMAQS user)
You may also want an account on the Thinanywhere server. This server allows you to run applications on the UNIX world on your pc at work, home etc. Read the documentation section on Support for more information
Send an email to the IT Manager, Jay Krishnan (email@example.com) and specify your
1. Full name.
1. What is your classification - Graduate/Undergraduate (only seniors or students who are working on a project etc will get accounts)/Staff etc.
2. Network you need access to (if you are unsure please ask and do not request accounts for networks you are not planning to use).
3. Please send the request from a valid email address (I send out system emails on a regular basis that contains pertinent information to using the IT resources and it would be beneficial if you provide a valid email address).